Month 24: Woulda Coulda Shoulda
Just a quick post on hindsight. I am hoping to use what I’ve learned in the past two years to help me do it all again with Bairn 2. I can’t mimic a lifetime of knowledge gleaned from my culture, but I’ve done my best to pedal up that learning curve. Hopefully, sharing of knowledge can give someone just starting the process a little boost or ideas.
- Had I been
smartthoughtful I would have converted my favorite onesies with just a simple pair of scissors: Onesie Conversion
- Had I known this existed and was probably available at a local Home Depot, I would have bought one a year ago! Thank you to the blog TumbleWee for the heads up: Next Step Built in Potty Seat
- I just love multi-taskers! Here is a 3-in-1 potty from Europe. If it was sold in the states I’d own two maybe three. Dot Pot
- I feel vindicated! I really want to pick the brain of a person who grew up immersed in pottying infants as a daily matter. This is the next best thing! A subscriber to my blog shared one of my posts (Thank you!) and the pingback led me to this wonderful read on EC from China’s persepctive: Born Ready Website (China’s View)
- I got a very good deal on discontinued Babylegs, but Babyleg legwarmers made from a dollar store scarf? Who knew?: Sew Babylegs from a Stretchy Scarf
- And Good Golly Miss Molly adult knee socks are more versatile than I ever thought: Babylegs from Socks Sew Version AND No-Sew Verson
- Making split crotch pants was more work that I would want to do unless in one of my Crazy Crafting Episodes, but there is one for the sewers out there: Three Seam Split Crotch Pants with Free Pattern ETA 10/5 (This blogger makes a more Fitted Split Crotch Pant)
- This little item, while not an essential, would be perfect for those people who frequent places with no facilities at all and/or who are not comfortable with dumping pee outside if they can help it and don’t want to use disposable potty bags and have to put poo in the trash: My Carry Potty
- I wish I had ordered these from day 1. Finding small undies and trainers when I needed them was near to impossible. Thanks pull-ups for hogging the market and killing in-store sales of cotton underpants for the under 1 and under 2 crowd: Tiny Undies at the ECStore. (these are underwear not training pants!)
- Red Gingham Disposable Table Covers. Remember these picnic staples? Who says it just has to be for tables right? Looks like a great carpet protector to me for diaper free crawlers and for Baby Led Solids/Weaning food catchers. I bet they are available at a dollar store. Wipe off to clean. They may need to be aired out for a bit though…outgassing.
Posted on September 25, 2011, in Babies, IPT, potty, Potty Training, Potty Training, Toddlers and tagged diaper free, ec, elimination communication, month-24, natural infant hygiene, nih, potty learning. Bookmark the permalink. 8 Comments.